Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hope to Be Back in the Saddle Again

Well, this is quite a follow-up to my last blog which described our idyllic existence before lymphoma. I am glad that I was appreciative then of what a wonderful life we were living because now I really appreciate all the little details that have changed. Instead of freedom to travel and see my family, I am rather confined, but luckily, they have come to see me.

Here is my gratitude list:

I have gotten to see all my children and grandchildren (but I have sadly missed my 2 out of town sons in law).
Ev and I get to spend lots of quality time together snuggling and hanging out together
I still have my job - they have held my spot for me
I have awesome health insurance
I am so much improved that all my out of town helpers have been able to return home to their families and jobs
I can go on walks
The snow is melting (mostly)
We are going to have a new grandchild in May
The Gowdy's are awesome friends for many reasons
Jim lives close by
I actually get hungry
We are starting a new class today
Ev got me an awesome new computer so I can stay in touch and get things done
I am feeling good enough to consider sewing projects
Ev built me my own special recovery resort
Elvis is hanging in there even though he is 10 yrs old now
Russ doesn't mind giving me hugs
Ben and Em give me lots of snuggles and hugs
The Walkers live close by
Ev is having fun chasing cows (on horseback that is)
Ev is still teaching and coaching, though I do miss him on the days he's gone
I got my central line out!!!
I can shower like normal.
I will be able to swim before too long
I have a great oncologist
I have a great Stem cell doc
I was able to get my transplant done at Huntsman on the great BMT floor with wonderful staff
No new rashes
No new lymph nodes
I am married to my best friend
I have been able to go to church and Ev has been able to bless the sacrament for me.
My sisters and I have gotten closer
My daughters and I have gotten closer
My daughters have gotten closer to each other
Kristen and especially Cort have been busy working on my genealogy and we were able to go to the temple and do baptisms the day before I went into the hospital for my stem cell transplant
And many more.

Looking forward to:
Riding horses
Running
Running races with my husband and children
Going to all 3 meetings of church
Not wearing a mask
HAIR
Visiting all our kids/grandkids
Visiting all our family
Camping
Going to a horse clinic with Ev
Swimming
Getting in better shape
Going back to work
Hiking Timp
Horsebackriding/Hiking up to Lake Hardy
Going to Hawaii
Sewing projects
Watching Ev teach
Going to Ev's baseball games
Sitting in the hot tub
Next Family Vacation - what are your suggestions?

Love you all!! Thanks for all your help and support.





2 comments:

Rach said...

What a happy list! I miss you like crazy, but I'm glad you're well enough that you don't need helpers as much as before. Next family vacation ideas - maybe a cruise or a beach trip?

Beth schell said...

So good to hear from you! I miss being with you right now. Vacation... cruise or church history sites tour (palmyra pageant?)